The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), an English public university, is located in Preston, Lancashire. Thousands of students go to this attractive city to seek and achieve their dreams. While there are several student housing options in the city, some of the most prevalent housing types are economical halls of residence, studios, student dorms, shared rooms, and affordable private houses (PBSA). This article talks about the various University of Central Lancashire accommodation options that are open for newcomers and have ample facilities and amenities that fit students’ needs.
Reasons To Pick The University Of Central Lancashire
The academic framework of the University of Central Lancashire is organised into multiple schools, each of which offers over 400 undergraduate and over 200 postgraduate degrees, both part-time and full-time. UCLan provides career-oriented education in the arts, engineering, applied and biomedical sciences, business and management, journalism, media studies, and sports, among other fields. This institution features a varied population of around 30,000 students from over 100 nations throughout the world, with 58 % females and 48 % males. Here are a few reasons why you should choose UCLan –
- Employable Graduates
- Global Awards & Ranking Recognition
- Continued Future Investment
- Low-Cost of Living
- Industry Links
- State-of-the-art Engineering Facilities
Best Student Areas Near The University Of Central Lancashire
Preston was given city status in 2002 and is located on the north bank of the River Ribble. Preston is a popular area to live in, and it has been named one of the happiest cities in the United Kingdom. Preston is a bustling city with a plethora of opportunities right on its doorstep. The city, which is home to the University of Central Lancashire is within a short distance of the breathtaking beauty of the Lake District, the romantic ambience of the beach, and the busy sensations of the great northern towns. With a population of 140,000 people, it’s large enough to host a diverse range of cultures yet is small enough to make you feel right at home.
Ashton, Lea, Ribbleton, Broadgate, the city centre, and Frenchwood are popular localities for students to book their University of Central Lancashire accommodation. The popular cycle/walk/run path ‘the guild wheel,’ a 21-mile ring around Preston, is accessible to residents. These neighbourhoods are well-connected to public transportation networks, making it easy for students to commute inside and outside of the city.
Best University Of Central Lancashire Accommodation For Students
There are plenty of University of Central Lancashire student accommodation alternatives for overseas students. These university apartments are all within walking distance of the campuses and city centre. Due to the restricted number of student halls available, most students opt for private University of Central Lancashire accommodation or homestays in the area. You can stay in one of the several student apartments within walking distance of the university. The rooms all provide a good degree of safety, comfort, and value for money. They are self-catering Lancashire University apartments with a fully equipped kitchen. UniAcco can help you in locating the most suitable properties or residences that will meet all of your requirements, some of which are listed below.
Let’s see some of the University of Central Lancashire accommodation options listed below!
- iQ Kopa – There are en-suite rooms and apartments available at this accommodation. If you want to share your kitchen with your flatmates, you could opt for an en-suite. If you want additional privacy, a studio is a fantastic option. This facility provides furnished rooms with WiFi, as well as bills and contents insurance.
- Jubilee Court – Jubilee Court is a University of Central Lancashire accommodation offering studio and en-suite apartments. You receive a fully equipped kitchen and a Wi-Fi connection regardless of whatever room you choose. The nearest university is UCLan and the closest train station is Preston Station.
- The Tramshed – The Tramshed student accommodation, located in the centre of Preston, has set a new standard for student housing. It is well-positioned, with the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) just a short walk away. There are a variety of communal amenities and facilities at this property making students’ lives easier.
- Canterbury Hall – The Canterbury Hall provides opulent University of Central Lancashire accommodation. The student housing is conveniently positioned in the heart of Preston, with the UCL campus only a 5-minute walk away and the city centre a 10-minute walk away.
Thank you for reading this blog on the University of Central Lancashire Accommodation. If you’d like to read more, here are some blogs that might be of interest to you –