Sheffield is a metropolitan borough in South Yorkshire, England. Historically it was part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, its name derives from the River Sheaf, which flows through the city. Some of its southern suburbs are annexed from Derbyshire, the city has grown from its mostly industrial roots encompassing a more diverse economic base. The population of Sheffield is 582,506, and it is one of the eight largest regional English cities that form the Core Cities Group.
The city is located in the eastern foothills of the Pennines, the valleys of the River Don and its four tributaries which are the Loxley, the Rivelin, the Porter Brook and the Sheaf. Sixty-one percent of Sheffield’s entire area is green space, and a third of the city lies within the Peak District national park. There are more than 250 woodlands, parks and gardens in the town, which is estimated to contain around 4.5 million trees.
University of Sheffield:
The University of Sheffield (informally known as Sheffield University) is a public research university located in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England. It got its royal charter in 1905 as a successor to the University College of Sheffield, which was built in 1897 by the merger of Sheffield Medical School, Firth College and Sheffield Technical School.
It is a multi-campus university, spread predominantly over two campus areas: the St George’s and the Western Bank. The university is organised into 5 academic faculties made of multiple departments. The Sheffield University student accommodation arrangements are of top- notch quality. It has made it to the number one in the UK position for engineering research according to data published by the HESA.
It is one of the original red brick universities, a member of the Russell Group of research-intensive universities, the Worldwide Universities Network, the N8 Group of the eight most research-intensive universities in Northern England and the White Rose University Consortium. There are eight Nobel laureates affiliated with Sheffield and six of them are the alumni or former long-term staff of the university. Majority of the student population in Sheffield attends this university.
University of Sheffield Accommodation:
Accommodation is the next step for any student after applying to a university, preferably somewhere in the vicinity to cut short the traveling time.
1) Laycock Studios
Laycock Studios is a chic Shefield University student accommodation located on 37 Suffolk Road, Sheffield. It is a short walk from Sheffield Hallam University and the University of Sheffield. It offers excellent amenities such as an Outdoor Courtyard, On-site Gym, Study Area, Social Events, Bike Storage and Wi-Fi. They provide self-contained Studio apartments.
- Address: 37 Suffolk Road Sheffield S2 4BU, United Kingdom
- Price Range: £135 – £179 /week
- Room Type: Studios
- Amenities: Study room, on-site laundry facilities, and gym.
2) Portobello House
Portobello House is situated on the doorstep of Sheffield University’s Sir Robert Hadfield and Amy Johnson buildings. Studying in those is the ideal spot in the city. It is the perfect choice for those looking for university of Sheffield city accommodation
The apartments are spacious, light and everything you would expect from a top-of-the-range set-up; the city centre tram route is just around the corner. This student accommodation leads directly to the Orchard Square shopping centre, plenty of eateries, fancy restaurants, and the city’s famed nightlife. It is one of the top student flats in Sheffield
- Address: Portobello House, 3 Portobello Street, Sheffield S1 4AT
- Price Range: £143 – £195 /week
- Room Type: Studios and 2-Bed Apartment
- Amenities: Gym, a TV room, a games room, a communal lounge and even a cinema.
3) Sharman Court
Sharman Court provides one of the best student flats in Sheffield city centre. All the rooms have a small double bed, plenty of workspace and loads of storage. Sharman Court is surrounded by Sheffield’s famous attractions, loads of shops, restaurants and clubs.
- Address: Sharman Court Broad Lane Sheffield S1 4FA
- Price Range: £141 – £230/week
- Room Type: En-Suite, Studios 1-Bed Apartment and 2-Bed Apartment.
- Amenities: Gym, a games room, a communal lounge, a coffee machine and vending machines.
4) Bailey Fields
This student accommodation in Sheffield provides strong transport links with Sheffield train station at a walking distance. All the rooms are equipped with a comfy bed, ample storage and en-suite shower room. Bailey Fields is surrounded by Sheffield’s famous attractions, loads of shops, restaurants and clubs. The nearby St Paul’s Place and Leopold Square serve delicious British delicacies. It proved some of the best student flats near the University of Sheffield .
- Address: 4 Rockingham Street Sheffield S1 4LZ
- Price Range: £142 – £256/week
- Room Type: En-Suite, Studios 1-Bed Apartment and Duplex.
- Amenities: Gym, a games room, a communal lounge and vending machines.
5) Portobello Point
Portobello Point is located in the city centre of Sheffield, making it the first choice for student flats near the University of Sheffield . Each apartment has a large furnished kitchen; the living room comes with a sofa and a coffee table. Trams and bus link up well around the accommodation. It is easy to commute around Town Hall and other points of interest. Students may enjoy the nightlife with plenty of bars around the corner, namely Fagans and The Red Deer. This property provides one of the best student apartments sheffield
- Address: Portobello Point, Portobello Street, Sheffield, S1 4AA
- Price Range: £115/week
- Room Type: 3, 4 & 6-Bed Apartment
- Amenities: Phone service, gym facility, central heating system, gated fob entry system, dishwasher and washing machines, a laundry room and bike storage.
6) Trippet Lane
Trippet Lane is a perfect Sheffield accommodation near sheffield university for the students who love to be in the buzz of city life but want tranquillity when they need to study. As well as being so close to the university, within a few steps, there are local shops, pubs, amazing restaurants and numerous cafes. Music, art, and film nearby as well make Trippet Lane the perfect student accommodation in Sheffield.
- Address: 1 Penton Street, Sheffield S1 4EL
- Price Range: £149 – £205/week
- Room Type: Studios, 1, 2 & 3-Bed Apartment.
- Amenities: A gym, a TV room, a games room, laundry facilities, a communal lounge and even a cinema.
7) Devonshire Courtyard
Devonshire Courtyard is a modern and contemporary student accommodation near Sheffield University located on Wellington Street in Sheffield. This property is so ideally placed that University of Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam University and the city centre are all within easy reach of you. Choose to live here in a self-contained Studio in a safe, secure and friendly environment.
- Address: Wellington Street, S1 4HG
- Price Range: £89 – £156/week
- Room Type: En-Suites and Studios.
- Amenities: Vending machine, study space, outdoor social space, common area.
8) Rockingham House
Rockingham House is a chic student houses Sheffield located on Broad Lane in Sheffield. International students in Sheffield can book their preferred choice of a room through Skype Viewings. You will have to share the lounge and kitchen area with other flatmates. At Rockingham House Sheffield accommodation you can show your culinary skills to other flatmates and learn a thing or two from them in cooking. However, you will have to convince your flatmates to watch your favourite TV show as Rockingham House Sheffield provides just one TV in the lounge area.
- Address: 1 Newcastle Street, Sheffield, S1 3PD
- Price Range: £111 – £152/week
- Room Type: En-Suites.
- Amenities: Communal outdoor courtyard, Games room, Coffee vending machine and Bike storage.
9) Phoenix Court
Irrespective of the room choice at Phoenix Court, you couldn’t be better placed for getting to class. From Phoenix Court, you can choose to walk to lectures at the University of Sheffield or Sheffield Hallam University in under 10 minutes.
- Address: 133 Rockingham Street, Sheffield, S1 4EE
- Price Range: £72.5 – £110/week
- Room Type: En-Suites and 1-Bed flat.
- Amenities: On-site laundry, fully-fitted kitchen.
10) Sheffield 2
Central Place is the brand new identity of Sheffield’s central student village, formally known as Sheffield 2. The ideal place for all students to live throughout their time at university, Central Place is split into five blocks, all with their own distinct character, facilities and social spaces. Central Place lies at the heart of the student-village, ideal for 1st and 2nd-year students looking to meet new people.
- Address: Edward St, Sheffield S3 7BY, United Kingdom
- Price Range: £89 – £189/week
- Room Type: En-Suites and 1 & 2-Bedroom apartment.
- Amenities: Gym, communal, study area, lounge area, game room, theatre.
1 thought on “University of Sheffield – Student Accommodation”
How to insert Dynamic Drive codes and scripts on my Joomla site?