Renowned across the world for its pathbreaking endeavours in research in a variety of disciplines, Queen Mary University of London is regarded as among the oldest and most prestigious universities across the globe. The university opens its doors to students from countries across the world which has seen a demand for first-rate student accommodation near the Queen Mary University of London. There is a wide variety of Queen Mary University of London student accommodation available that meets the expectations of the university’s varied students.
Often referred to as QMUL or sometimes QM, the institution is a public research university and a member of the Russell Group of British universities. It also boasts the largest academic health science centre in the world.
It also takes pride in its history which spans over two centuries. In 1785, it was founded as the London Hospital Medical College and a century later become the East London College/Queen Mary College. The university is spread out over 5 campuses in Central and East London including Mile End, Whitechapel, Charterhouse Square, West Smithfield, and Lincolns’ Inn Fields.
The university is divided into three faculties namely the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, the Faculty of Science and Engineering and an interdisciplinary life sciences institute. These faculties are further divided into schools and departments. The university has over 20,000 students on its roster pursuing courses on the undergraduate, postgraduate and research levels.
Accommodation Near The Queen Mary University Of London
Almost every university provides its own on-campus student housing facilities. Students are often confused about whether to choose these on-campus options as compared to their private counterparts. Private student accommodation near the Queen Mary University of London is not only affordable but provides a wide range of living spaces to meet the needs of a diverse student population. They are also located within a short distance from the university and the city centre.
- iQ Aldgate – Studying at the university’s Whitechapel campus? This accommodation near the Queen Mary University of London is perfect for you. Just over a ten-minute train ride from campus, the Aldgate Station is the nearest train station to the property. It is surrounded by a great selection of eateries, nightclubs and pubs for the ideal student experience. It consists of some fantastic communal spaces for residents to enjoy including a sky lounge at the rooftop terrace. The room types at iQ Aldgate include twin studio rooms where residents can enjoy a private bedroom and bathroom along with shared kitchen and living areas; and studio apartments.
- iQ Shoreditch – iQ Shoreditch embodies modern living. This accommodation near the Queen Mary University of London has a great set of facilities to help students make the most of their time at university in London. In terms of proximity, a 30-minute train journey from the property or a 15-minute bike ride if you fancy can get you to the university campus. The accommodation delivers on its promise of contemporary living by providing a set of two-bedroom apartments, studio apartments and even penthouses. Some of their facilities include a great communal lounge area, a sky lounge, laundry facilities, bike storage and much more.
- Urbanest Westminster Bridge – This accommodation near the Queen Mary University of London is known for its exceptional city views as it is flanked by The Shard, the Big Ben and none other than the Westminster Abbey. If you’re looking to be in the heart of London, Urbanest Westminster Bridge should be your pick. It is excellently connected in terms of transport as the nearest train station and bus stop are just a stone’s throw from the property. If you are a shopping fanatic you can find among the world’s most famous and biggest shopping districts at Soho and Covent Garden just a couple of streets away. Students love this property because they find themselves in the heart of one of the world’s greatest cities. Coming to the living spaces this accommodation near the Queen Mary University of London provides are; en-suites in shared apartments and a penthouse studio.
- Mannequin House – Located near the Low Maynard Reservoir, this accommodation near the Queen Mary University of London is among the most popular student accommodations in the London city centre. Along with ensuring that students in the city can take away a memorable experience right at the heart of student living in London, it is known for its student-friendly atmosphere and top-notch facilities to make their lives in the city safe and comfortable. You can find the university a little over 30 minutes by train from the Blackhorse Road train station which is a 3-minute walk from Mannequin House. The room types at this accommodation include en-suites in a variety of shared flats where residents can have a bedroom and bathroom all to themselves with the exception of a kitchen and living area that is shared between flatmates.
If you found this blog on “Accommodation Near The Queen Mary University Of London” helpful, make sure to check our other blogs out:
- Best Liverpool John Moores Accommodation
- Popular Canterbury Christ Church University Accommodation
- Best University of Central Lancashire Accommodation
Looking for student accommodation abroad?