A public university situated in the scenic Welsh capital of Cardiff, the Cardiff Metropolitan University is regarded among the United Kingdom’s top modern universities. With students from all over the UK and from different corners of the world vying to make their place in the esteemed educational institution, accommodation near Cardiff Metropolitan University is in abundance. With the best amenities and strategic locations, Cardiff Metropolitan University student accommodation ensures a safe, pleasant and enjoyable stay at the heart of student living in the city.
The roots of the institution can be traced back to 1865 with the inception of the Cardiff School of Art. Its journey through the years led it to become the University of Wales, Cardiff (UWIC) in 1996. Closer to the present date, in 2011, the institute split from the University of Wales formally becoming the Cardiff Metropolitan University it is recognised as today. The university currently has 11,500 students on its roster from over 140 countries around the globe.
The university has two campuses in Cardiff at Llandaff and Cyncoed comprising five academic schools namely; Cardiff School of Art & Design, Cardiff School of Education, Cardiff School of Management, Cardiff School of Sport and Health Sciences and Cardiff School of Technologies. The relatively modern university has managed to carve a niche for itself in the cutthroat world of education in the UK. It has been named the University of the Year for several years in a row by Times Higher Education, The Guardian University Guide and the Times Good University Guide.
Accommodation Near Cardiff Metropolitan University
There is a wide range of accommodation near Cardiff Metropolitan University tailored to meet the needs of a variety of students. Let us take a look and discuss the specification of some of the top properties close to the university.
- Severn Point – Among the best and closest accommodation near Cardiff Metropolitan University, Severn Point is operated by Unite Students who ensure students are provided with the best possible stay while at university in foreign cities. Located Off Blackweir Terrace, Severn Point is a 20-minute walk and 7-minute bike ride from the Cardiff Metropolitan University.
The property comes furnished with all the necessities students require to have a comfortable and great time. Another plus point of this property is that the city centre lies quite close to it which makes a fun selection of restaurants, cafes, pubs and other leisure hubs an easy reach away. This student accommodation has a premium en-suite available which comprises a fully furnished bedroom, bathroom, a study area and storage space with a shared kitchen and living room.
- Cambrian Point – Located on Maindy Road, the main selling point of this student accommodation near Cardiff Metropolitan University managed by Unite Students is that it is just a stone’s throw away from the city centre. Flanked by necessities in the form of the Cardiff Queens Station just 15 minutes away, the property is a 20-minute train journey from the Cardiff Metropolitan University. Maintained impeccably, it has a variety of amenities including on-site laundry facilities, bike storage as well as an on-site maintenance team. The property has a range of en-suites to choose from.
- The Bakery – A new establishment by Unite Students promises a thriving university life in the heart of Cardiff with all amenities and entertainment hubs just an arm’s reach away. This student accommodation near Cardiff Metropolitan University situated on Pendyris Street has en-suites in a shared apartment where students have the luxury of enjoying a private bedroom and bathroom with a shared kitchen and living area. Keeping the needs of students in mind, the property comes equipped with the best amenities including a common lounge area, a games room, an outdoor space for socialising, on-site laundry facilities and even an on-site maintenance team to help address the grievances of their residents.
- Windsor House – A property by Hello Student, Windsor House located on Windsor Lane is a 20-minute train ride from the Cardiff Metropolitan University. One of the main features that students look for in their student accommodation is proximity to the city centre. This student accommodation near Cardiff Metropolitan University aims to not only meet but exceed the expectations of students in the city with its top-notch facilities and utilities.
With a bus stop just across the street and the Cardiff Queens train station, a mere 5-minute walk away, exploring the city as well as cities and towns close to Cardiff is easily manageable and makes for exciting weekend trips. Flanked by restaurants, shopping arcades and the hubbub of the city centre, this accommodation near Cardiff Metropolitan University is ideal for students who want to find themselves at the centre of the student community while at university. Windsor House has a premium two-bedroom apartment and a variety of studios to choose from depending on the living space students want for themselves.
If you found this blog on “Accommodation Near Cardiff Metropolitan University’ helpful, make sure to check our other blogs:
- Cheapest Student Accommodation In Leicester
- How To Find Your Perfect Student Accommodation
- Tips On Settling Into Your New Student Accommodation
Looking for student accommodation abroad?