The University of Edinburgh was the world’s first civic foundation and the sixth oldest institution in the United Kingdom. The institution, which has five campuses spread around the city, today has approximately 44,000 students enrolled. It is also ranked well for its employability rates. This is incentive enough for international students who have been accepted to hunt for flats near Edinburgh University. For students, there are a variety of accommodation alternatives available, which we have mentioned below.
Reasons To Pick Edinburgh University
The University of Edinburgh is one of the world’s finest institutions, frequently listed in the top 50, and was ranked 16th in the QS World University Rankings in 2022. Here are a few reasons why you should choose this university to further your education:
- Excellence in Research
- Teaching Innovation
- Top-notch Facilities & Services
- Huge Global Community
- International Degree
- High Employability Rates
- University Affiliations
Best Student Areas Around Edinburgh University
Edinburgh attracts a good number of students from all over the world on a yearly basis. The cost of living in Edinburgh is slighter higher than the UK national average, however, it largely depends on the area, your accommodation, lifestyle, and other expenses. Since you can find several flats near Edinburgh University than standard houses so that makes it more convenient for students to shift to the city. On that note, here are a few of the popular student areas in Edinburgh to book the best flats or student housing –
City Centre: If you want to be located in the midst of the bustle and close to all of the amazing attractions that Edinburgh has to offer, looking for housing in the city centre is ideal. Many universities, including Edinburgh University, are within walking distance, while others are accessible via the efficient public transit system. Furthermore, with a myriad of places right on your doorstep, you’ll don’t have to travel very far for entertainment.
Fountainbridge: Fountainbridge is an excellent option for students who love the energy of the city but also want to escape away from it. It is only minutes away from the city centre and a tremendously popular neighbourhood with students studying in Edinburgh. You won’t always have to drive to the city centre for leisure because there are plenty of local choices nearby. As a result, there will be a wide range of bars and restaurants to choose from.
Haymarket: Haymarket is a popular neighbourhood for seeking flats near Edinburgh University. The area’s excellent transportation ties to the city centre and West End, as well as the nearby train station, make it ideal for travelling around. Furthermore, the area has a plethora of classic pubs to enjoy. With a laid-back feel, you’ll discover pubs, boutiques, and cafés hidden amid gorgeous Georgian buildings.
Old Town: Old Town is a vibrant area that includes terrific restaurants, pubs, and stores tucked away along its twisting lanes. It is steeped in history, and you can see it at every turn as you wander across the lovely streets filled with cultural relics. Staying in this neighbourhood allows students to easily go to their lectures and seminars.
The Most Popular Flats Near Edinburgh University
Depending on your needs and budget, you can select between on-campus and off-campus accommodation. Because of its proximity to the university, on-campus living will save you a significant amount of time and money. However, you may find it difficult to finance the associated fees. As a result, many students choose off-campus housing to save money. These are significantly less expensive and more suitable for students. While some are close to the campus, others are a few miles away with convenient access to transportation.
UniAcco provides some of the greatest flats near Edinburgh University, with the majority of them being within walking distance of the university and providing adequate facilities for students. A few of them include –
- iQ Fountainbridge: iQ Fountainbridge is among the few houses in Edinburgh that provides students with en-suite rooms, studio rooms, and flats. You can expect a study desk, a bed, and a WiFi connection regardless of the room type you pick. iQ Fountainbridge also has a number of flats near Edinburgh University making it convenient for students who enrolled at the uni.
- iQ Grove: iQ Grove has fantastic apartment amenities such as a television, a refrigerator, WiFi access, and a microwave. A theatre, gym, private dining rooms, lounge and study areas, as well as handy facilities like a laundry facility and all-inclusive utility bills, are among the common features. There is always on-site staff available to students at their beck and call.
- iQ Elliott House: When it comes to student accommodation in Edinburgh, iQ Elliott House offers the best bang for your buck. Because the en-suite rooms, studio rooms, and flats are so reasonably priced, this housing is quite popular among students. iQ Elliott House, which is close to Edinburgh University and other institutions, can help in saving on transportation.
Thank you for reading this blog on ‘The Popular Flats Near Edinburgh University‘. If you’d like to read more, here are some blogs that might be of interest –
- Locating The Best Properties Near Sheffield Hallam University
- Finding The Best Properties Near Coventry University
- Best Properties Near Strathclyde University