Rent Calculator

Written by Pierre Noronha

Born and raised in Mumbai, Pierre Noronha thought that he was destined to be a Chartered Accountant, but all that changed when he discovered his love for writing. Taking this new found passion forward, he started working as a content writer for UniAcco.

August 5, 2020

Even the most brilliant of students feel a bit uncomfortable talking about pursuing their further studies abroad. No, they’re not worried about competing with other international students or settling down in a new country. They’re worried about the financial burden they put on themselves as well as their parents. Sure, there are scholarships to help these talented students but studies show that only 19% of students are able to qualify for receiving scholarships. The remaining 81% have to bootstrap their further education by way of personal savings or loans. It is imperative for these students to craft a meticulous budget before taking the plunge of pursuing their further studies. 


Tuition cost aside, rent will form a major chunk of your budget. To have a clear idea of what your current financial state can get you, we’ve come up with a nifty “Rent Calculator”. It takes into account all your incomes & expenditures and tells you exactly how much rent you are able to afford to pay per week. 

Yearly student funding

£0 £11,354
£0 £3,387

One-off rental costs


Monthly income


Monthly outgoings


Your monthly rent budget

You can afford a monthly rent of around
£ 0

That's the weekly equivalent of
£ 0


What is Maintenance Loan?

A maintenance loan is used to fund your day to day expenses, by getting money directly into your bank account. This money will have to be paid back but only after you start earning above the repayment threshold of £26,575. If you happen to lose your job for any reason or fall on hard times, your payments will stop once your income drops below the threshold.

What does my Maintenance Loan cover?

Everything! Once you receive your maintenance loan, you should immediately work out a realistic budget. It will need to cover the following:

  • Rent (if you are living away from home)
  • Bills
  • Food
  • Transport costs
  • Social events
  • Household goods
  • Books

Once you know how much maintenance loan you have received, work out how much you can spend per month/week/day.

What is a Maintenance Grant?

It is a grant to help with your day to day costs while you’re studying. It is only available if your household income is below £41,065. 

Do I have to pay UniAcco any agency fees?

Absolutely not. UniAcco does not charge students a single penny. All our services are free of cost. 

Finding Funding For Your International Education

6 Invincible Ways To Quickly Cut Your Spending In Half

Impact Of An Average Salary By The Education Level

Looking for your perfect student accommodation?

Looking to study abroad? Searching for the perfect student affordable accommodation? Choosing the right accommodation for a university that’s thousands of miles away can be, say the least, a difficult experience. We can help.


Looking for student accommodation abroad?

Your enquiry has been successfully received. We'll get in touch within 24 hours via email/phone.

Don’t let your friends miss out on all the fun! Simply refer your friend to book a room with us and get upto £100 Amazon gift voucher.

You might also like


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This