Shopping is an indistinguishable part of any travel plan, whether it be to shop for mementoes to remember the trip by or to explore the city and meet the locales. Shopping Centres are not just great for shopping but also for people who want to window shop, just have a day out with friends or peers, meet up for a date or watch a movie. For somebody who has just moved to the city or is there for a short duration, finding the perfect places to shop can be very confusing; no worries we are here to help. Here’s a list of 13 best shopping places in London.
1. Bond Street
It is internationally known and loved for the luxury it stands for. This is one of the shopping places in London. Designer items and the exceptional luxury goods are available here. These shops have historically represented the height of elegance for the wealthiest, most eccentric and most outrageous socialites in London. Tiffany & Co., Chanel, Hermes, Ralph Lauren, Cartier, Louis Vuitton, and Jimmy Choo, Burberry, Dolce Gabbana, Mulberry are just some of the brands you can shop.
- Tip: Do not miss The Ritz and Sotheby’s, the most famous auction house in the world, located on the same street.
- Opening Hours: Monday-Saturday: 9am-8pm, Sunday: 12pm-6pm
- Address: Bond Street, London, W1S 1SR
- Nearest Stations: Green Park, Bond Street, Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus
2. Oxford Street
For those who want a bit of everything, Oxford Street offers a variety of shops which cover every interest and budget, including homeware, clothes and technology. River Island, Top Shop, House of Fraser, John Lewis or Marks & Spencer all await you for the ultimate shopping experience.
- Tip: Make sure to stop by and have dinner at St Christopher’s Palace or a cocktail at Apres.
- Opening Hours: Monday-Saturday 9am-8pm; Sunday 12pm-6pm.
- Address: Oxford Street, London W1B 3AG
- Nearest Stations: Marble Arch, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Circus, Tottenham Court Road, Bond Street
3. Covent Garden
It is every luxury clothes lover’s dream, it is home to famous internationally-acclaimed designer brands like Burberry Brit, Paul Smith or Hackett.Jo Malone, Burberry, Dior, Sandro, Miller Harris or Penhaligons are available for the beauty-oriented who are out to get a decadent bottle of perfume or cream. This is one of the best shopping places in London
- Tip: This is not only a shopping destination but also a cultural district, so don’t miss the events at the Royal Opera House or the theatre quarter.
- Opening Hours: Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm; Sunday 12pm-6pm
- Address: The Market, London WC2E 8RF.
- Nearest Stations: Leicester Square Charing Cross, Covent Garden
this is an iconic London landmark and a veritable Mecca for shopaholics, this has been the go-to place for shopping for London ladies since 1909. This large department store covers six floors with a total of 10 acres of shopping space, offering everything you can dream of.
Bridal apparel, beauty, technology jewellery or luxury brands can all be found in this massive shopping centre.
- Tip: It features the largest denim department in the world.
- Opening Hours: Monday Saturday 9:30am-8pm; Sunday 11:30am-6:15pm.
- Address: 400 Oxford Street, London W1H 6HB.
- Nearest Stations: Marble Arch, Bond Street
When it comes to luxury, no other in Britain beats or even comes close to the legendary Harrods. Famous for its excellent selection of merchandise, this is the place to shop in London.
Rows of expensive shops, products, brands and the outstanding restaurants cover seven floors, and the department store even offers personalized shopping experience with the help of a personal shopper.
- Tip: Harrods has a service called “By Appointment Personal Shopping” where a team of retail experts will assist you.
- Opening Hours: Sunday 11.30am-6pm; Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm;
- Address: 87-135 Brompton Road, Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7XL
- Nearest Station: Knightsbridge
6. Carnaby Street
Everything fashion and food can be found in Carnaby Street. Brands including Brandy Melville, Pretty Green, Lyle & Scott, Adidas Originals, Paul Smith Soho, Ben Sherman, Scotch & Soda, Barbour Heritage and SuperTrash are housed here. This is one of the best shopping places in London.
- Tip: It features over 50 restaurants, pubs, bars and cafes. Kingly Court is the ultimate destination for foodies.
- Opening Hours: Monday-Saturday 10am-7pm; Sunday 10am-6pm
- Address: Carnaby Street, London W1F 9PS
- Nearest Station: Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus
7. The Knightsbridge Estate
The Knightsbridge Estate has its own fame among the most fabulous retail destinations in London since the beginning of the 1900s. It is no stranger to exclusive luxury brands, the latest fashions and the most en-vogue styles. Ted Baker, Tommy Hilfiger, Boodles, Hugo Boss and The Kooples are just some of the 40 stores offering the ultimate high-end luxuries.
- Tip: The Knightsbridge Estate houses Tommy Hilfiger’s flagship store in Europe.
- Opening Hours: Sunday 12pm – 6pm; Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm
- Address: The Knightsbridge Estate, London SW3 1DB.
- Nearest Station: Knightsbridge
8. Sloane Street
Few places can boast the same plethora of high-end luxury brands as Sloane Street. The likes of Chloe, Roberto Cavalli, Valentino, Alberta Ferretti, Gucci, Tom Ford, Saint Laurent, Salvatore Ferragamo, Rag & Bone Giorgio Armani, and Marni all have flagship stores located on Sloane Street, offering superlative merchandise in London. Sloane Street is it for all your luxury shopping needs.
- Tip: It is located in an upscale neighbourhood comprising Saatchi Gallery, Royal Court Theatre and Victoria & Albert Museum.
- Opening Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10am-7pm. Most shops are closed on Sundays.
- Address: Sloane Street, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea SW1X 9PJ.
- Nearest Stations: Sloane Square, Knightsbridge.
9. Regent Street
The best that the West End has to offer, in terms of shopping, is located on Regent Street. Brands like Anthropologie, Liberty, Hamleys and Apple are available, as well as many other internationally-renowned shops. You can also find second-to-none restaurants, hotels, art galleries and even spas. Regent Street is undoubtedly one of the best shopping places in London.
- Gift Card: An exciting feature offered by Regent Street is its very own Gift Card. It can be used in more than 130 shopping venues, as well as bars and restaurants. Also, you can now opt to make use of a service that delivers your bags to your home or hotel, to make your shopping experience better.
- Mobile App: Download the official mobile app which will provide you with a complete guide of the new aesthetic in Regent Street, its modern hotels, restaurants and of course, shops.
- Opening Hours: Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm, Sunday 12pm-6pm, Some shops may vary.
- Address: Regent Street, London W1B 5TD.
- Nearest Stations: Oxford Circus, Piccadilly Circus.
Its prime location, at the centre of London, provides it with an endless array of visitors, tourists and avid shoppers. A shop that cannot be missed is Fortnum & Mason, which is suited to various budgets, interests and tastes. Piccadilly itself is rich in luxury offerings, as well as high-street ones. This is one of the best shopping places in London.
- Tip: In addition to shopping, Piccadilly offers high-class hotels, art and the historical architecture that surrounds the entire area.
- Opening Hours: Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm, Sunday 12pm-6pm. Some shops may vary.
- Address: St James, London W1D 7DH.
- Nearest Stations: Piccadilly Circus
11. Westfield Stratford City
If you are wondering where to shop in London, then Westfield Stratford City is the place to be! This shopping centre opened its doors in September 2011, and it is considered to be one of the largest in Europe. The centre includes approximately 400 stores and 70 restaurants the most notable being Marks & Spencer, Waitrose and John Lewis.
- Tip: The centre has 2 hotels with 350 rooms and 267 rooms respectively.
- Opening Hours: Sunday 12pm-6pm, Monday-Friday 10am-10pm, Saturday 9am-10pm.
- Address: 2 Stratford Place, Montfichet Road, Queen Elizabeth, Olympic Park, London E20 1EJ.
- Nearest Stations: London Olympic Park, Stratford Regional, East Village and Stratford International
12. Westfield London
Westfield London is located in White City. It features a 17-screen cinema called the Vue. You can spend your time by strolling around 255 stores such as Debenhams, Mango, Apple, LEGO, River Island and many more. We guarantee you will have the best shopping experience in London.
- Tip: The Village and features names like Louis Vuitton, Versace, Burberry, Gucci, Tiffany & Co and Dior.
- Opening Hours: Sunday: 12pm-6pm, Monday-Saturday 10am-10pm,
- Address: Centre Management Suite, Unit 4006, Ariel Way, London W12 7GF
- Nearest Stations: Shepherd’s Bush Market, Wood Lane, Shepherd’s Bush, White City.
13. One New Change
One New Change, one of the best shopping places in London, is located near St. Paul’s Cathedral. You can always add a visit to this beautiful cathedral to your experience, and this is actually the only major shopping centre in the area, so it won’t be challenging to find. You will find approximately 60 restaurants and shops, mostly high-street retailers inside this shopping centre.
- Dining Experience: Don’t miss Barbecoa owned by Adam Perry-Lang and Jamie Oliver and Bread Street Kitchen belonging to Gordon Ramsay.
- Opened Hours: Sunday: 12pm-6pm, Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri: 10am-7pm, Thursday: 10pm-8pm, Saturday: 10am-6pm.
- Address: Management Suite, One New Change, London EC4M 9AF.
- Nearest Stations: St. Paul’s, Mansion House.