How do you pick the best topic for your third-year final project? Which topic is best suited to you? What will it take for your ‘Mission Project’ to be a success? If you’re in your final year and have a big black book project on your ‘To Submit’ list, this blog will help you comprehend all you need to know. We’ve got it all covered, from selecting a theme to delivering the best black book project for students!
Most final-year students (particularly third-year students) at Mumbai University and other Indian institutions are obliged to submit 1-3 copies of a black book containing your project report to your college/institute. Before completing the final project, several colleges require students to submit the Project Synopsis. A project synopsis summarises the whole project, including its goals, objectives, and other relevant elements.
Before submitting your final year Black book project to the college, ensure that it follows the proper format. A standard structure comprises the following elements: a college diploma, acknowledgment, declaration, a list of figures, a table of contents, and a project report. Once you’ve begun the planning process and you know the format you have to adhere to, it is easier for you to get started.
Template For Your Black Book Project
Your final year black book project should be following a particular format that should cover the following elements –
- The Cover Page (Embossed on the black book cover)
- Acknowledgment: Index Thank you message to your coordinator, instructor, and principal
- The Abstract
- An Overview/ Introduction
- Research Design
- The Company Profile
- Data Interpretation
- Final thoughts
Fill this form TODAY to grab exciting deals on affordable student accommodation!
Structure Of The Project
Every third-year BMS student is required to complete an individual project (for 200 marks). Your BMS course faculty/project will have a supervising instructor or BMS coordinator who must approve your project proposal. The project would have an internal supervisor (usually a college faculty member) and, if necessary, an external guide (approved by the Principal or the Head of the Department).
Do keep in mind that your black book project must be written well with a Times New Roman font, sized 12, with points double spaced on the A-4 paper throughout. Also, note that your project should be hardbound comprising of at least 50 pages.
On the hardbound copy, the following information must be printed:
- Student Name
- Class & Section
- Seat Number
- Name of your internal guide
- College name & department
- Submission Date
- University Name
It is required that TYBMS students must submit two copies of their project 4-5 weeks before the viva test. While both the copies must be certified, one will be retained by the college and the other will be returned to the student prior to the viva commencement date.
Recommended Read: How To Choose A Major That Is Right For You!
The Most Common Black Book Project Topics
Now that you’ve read up well enough about what this project must include, what should the structure be and what are the details you must include in it, let’s arrive at one of the most difficult aspects – selecting a topic. Now, based on the field you choose, you can narrow down on certain topics that you think could mark a great presence in your project. Being unique is key here since this project will thoroughly be based on your research, data, interpretations, and conclusions. Here below, we have categorised topic ideas based on areas of interest –
Topic Ideas For Marketing
- Study of consumer engagement and test marketing
- Amul milk market research and sales development
- Life Insurance: The Role of Integrated Marketing Communication in it
- Marketing Survey and Channel Development
- Cadbury Company’s Marketing Strategy
- Lux Marketing
Topic Ideas For Advertising
- Advertising on the radio
- Advertising in schools
- How are commercial advertisements created?
- Advertisement depictions of women
- Children’s Role in Advertising
- Advertisements for alcohol and drugs
- Advertisements that promote smoking
Topic Ideas On Consumer Behaviour
- Consumer behaviour in the Automobile Industry
- Study on consumer behaviour on different soap brands in Mumbai
- Consumer Attitudes toward Public and Private Sector Banks
- Consumer Behaviour in relation to Life Insurance products in Mumbai
- Consumer Behaviour in upgrading to visible goods in branded apparels
Topic Ideas For Business Ethics
- Business Ethics: Its History and Teachings
- China and India’s cross-cultural ethical concerns
- Indian managers’ and workers’ professional ethics
- Wrongdoing in Businesses – Corruption Practices
- Top management’s role in ethics
Topic Ideas For HR
- Employee perceptions of the Organization
- Motivation of the Employees vs the Management
- Recruitment and selection of employees
Topic Ideas For Strategic Management
- Strategies for establishing an effective internet-based customer service
- Report on BEST activities
- Six Sigma initiatives in Indian industries
- Methodology of ERP implementation
- Supply Chain Management in the International Market
Topic Ideas For Banking, Insurance, Finance
- ForEx & Risk Management
- Financial Institutions in India: Their Roles & Responsibilities
- A Comparative Analysis of Mutual Fund Schemes
- India Infoline: Derivatives
- Strategies on Derivative Trading
Thank you for reading this blog. If you’d like to read more, here are some blogs that might be of interest to you –
- Best MScs In Project Management In The United Kingdom
- Choose Right: AWS Certification Path For Students
- Top Soft Skills Essential For Your Career
Looking for student accommodation abroad?