Toowong is situated between Mount Coot-tha and the Brisbane River, offering picturesque views and rolling hills. The suburb features a commercial precinct known as Toowong Village, which houses various shops and office buildings. The western side of Toowong predominantly consists of residential areas with medium-density dwellings and detached Queenslander houses. Toowong is home to several top colleges, including the University of Queensland’s St Lucia campus.
When it comes to accommodation options for students in Toowong, there are various types of rooms available near universities. This student housing guide of Toowong helps you with answers to all your student housing queries, helping you secure the perfect accommodation close to campus. It covers various aspects such as when to start looking for accommodation, the best student accommodation choices in Toowong, transportation options, student life experiences, and more. This guide aims to assist students in finding suitable housing while studying in Toowong.
When To Start Looking For Student Housing In Toowong?
“If you are planning to study in Toowong, this student housing guide of Toowong recommends starting your search for student housing between January and March or, preferably, 6 months before your intake. This early start provides you with sufficient time to research and compare different accommodation options in Toowong, finalise your budget, and make an informed decision.
Pro tip: Start your search early and keep an eye out for any early bird offers or discounts that may be available. This can help you save money and secure a spot in your preferred student accommodation.
In addition to the above, there are several other factors that you should consider when looking for student housing in Toowong. These include
- Location: Look for accommodation that is close to your university or college.
- Budget: Determine your budget before starting your search. This will enable you to reduce your selections and prevent spending too much money.
- Facilities: When referring to our student housing guide for Toowong, make sure to explore the amenities provided by accommodations, such as laundry facilities, common areas, study rooms, and parking options.
- Safety: Ensure that the accommodation is located in a safe neighbourhood with adequate security measures in place.
- Roommates: Decide whether you want to live alone or with roommates. Making new friends and saving money on rent may both be accomplished by living with roommates.
Best Student Housing In Toowong
Toowong offers a variety of student accommodation options, including dorms, apartments, and shared houses.
Scape Toowong is one of the options for student accommodation in Toowong. It provides unlimited WiFi, utilities (electricity and water), shared laundry with industrial washers and dryers, large kitchens for meal prep, and a rooftop terrace with a BBQ and pool area.
Average Rent For Student Accommodation
The average rent for student accommodation in Toowong ranges from AU$ 359 per week for Scape Toowong.
Scape Toowong offers various room types such as Ensuite, Non-Ensuite, Studio, Two Bed Apartments, 8 bedroom apartments, and 5 five-bedroom apartments. The rent for these rooms varies depending on the duration of stay. For instance, the rent for a Private Room in an 8-bedroom apartment is AU$379/week for 51 weeks or AU$409/week for 25 weeks.
To gain a clear insight into accommodation abroad, contact UniAcco. UniAcco is a global student accommodation leader offering premium housing near the top universities in Toowong Australia. With UniAcco, you can easily compare, consult with other students, and select your dream housing, all at affordable prices.
Best University In Toowong
Toowong, a riverside suburb in the City of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, is home to several prestigious universities and offers a vibrant student life experience. The University of Queensland’s St Lucia campus is one of the best universities in Toowong. It offers a wide range of courses across various disciplines.
Campus: The University of Queensland’s St Lucia campus offers excellent campus facilities for students. UniLodge Toowong is a well-regarded student accommodation option in the area. It provides modern facilities such as an expansive multi-purpose common room with games tables, couches, and a kitchen. There are also plenty of breakout spaces for studying and interacting with friends and fellow residents.
Things to do: In terms of activities for students in Toowong, there are various options available. Students can explore the vibrant Toowong shopping village, which offers a wide range of retail options. Additionally, there are parks and recreational areas nearby where students can relax and enjoy outdoor activities. Toowong is considered a safe suburb in Brisbane with adequate security measures in place.
Popular Courses: The University of Queensland’s St Lucia campus offers a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across various faculties. Popular courses include Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Business Management, Bachelor of Engineering, and Bachelor of Arts. These courses cover subjects like biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, accounting, finance, marketing, management, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, and arts.
Following is the table of average fees of popular courses at the University of Queensland’s St Lucia.
|Course||Average Tuition Fees (per year)|
|Bachelor of Arts||AU$ 35,000 AU$ 55,000|
|Bachelor of Science||AU$ 35,000 AU$ 55,000|
|Bachelor of Business Management||AU$ 35,000 AU$ 55,000|
|Bachelor of Engineering||AU$ 35,000 AU$ 55,000|
Cost Of Living In Toowong
In Toowong, Australia, the average monthly cost of living for college students is between AUD 1,728 for off-campus housing and AUD 2,448 for on-campus housing.
To help students plan their budget effectively in Toowong, we’ve outlined the breakdown of some factors and their costs, drawing insights from the Student Housing Guide Toowong.
|Items||Cost Of Living In Toowong Australia (Monthly)|
|Off-Campus Accommodation||AUD 556|
|On-Campus Accommodation||AUD 1,276|
|Food Cost||AUD 754|
|Utility Cost||AUD 142|
|Total Cost of Living with Off-Campus Accommodation||AUD 1,728|
|Total Cost of Living with On-Campus Accommodation||AUD 2,448|
|Annual Cost of Living||AUD 20, 736|
Transportation In Toowong
When considering your stay in Toowong, you’ll find that transportation is both student-friendly and budget-friendly. Our student housing guide for Toowong provides insights into the city’s transport options. Here’s a breakdown of the modes of transportation and their average fares:
- Brisbane City Council operates an extensive bus network connecting Toowong to other parts of the city.
- The average fare for a single trip is AUD 4.60.
- The nearest train station to Toowong is the Toowong train station, serving the Ipswich and Rosewood lines.
- The average fare for a single trip is AUD 3.20.
3. Ferry (CityCat)
- CityCat ferry service runs along the Brisbane River, offering a scenic transportation option.
- The average fare for a single trip is AUD 6.80.
Directions To Toowong Village
Several bus and train lines pass near Toowong Village, making it easily accessible.
By Bus (Sample Routes): Bus lines: 411, 412, 444, 445, 453, 454, 460, 598.
By Train (Sample Routes): Train lines: CABO (Caboolture line), IPSW (Ipswich line).
Nearest Stations to Toowong Village
- Hign,h St at Toowong Village, Stop 23 (221 meters away, 4 min walk).
- Brisbane St at Kayes Rocks, Stop 15 (244 meters away, 5 min walk).
- First Train to Toowong Village: SPRI at 04:50.
- Last Train to Toowong Village: IPSW at 00:28.
- First Bus to Toowong Village: 453 at 05:34.
- Last Bus to Toowong Village: 412 at 00:09.
- First Ferry to Toowong Village: CITY CAT DOWNSTREAM NORTHSHORE HAMILTON at 05:38.
- Last Ferry to Toowong Village: CITY CAT UPSTREAM UQ at 23:31.
Student Life In Toowong
Toowong is a popular destination for students due to its proximity to the University of Queensland and other educational institutions. The suburb is known for its vibrant atmosphere, with plenty of cafes, restaurants, and shops
- Social and Nightlife: Toowong has a few popular cafes such as Corner Store Cafe and Josie North. The suburb also has some clubs such as The Walrus, which is a prohibition-era speakeasy of the 1920s.
- Famous Cafes: Corner Store Cafe and Josie North are two popular cafes in Toowong.
- Famous Club: The Walrus is a popular club in Toowong.
- Popular attractions: Queensland Museum and Roma Street Parkland are two famous tourist attractions near Toowong.
- Career Opportunities: Woolworths Supermarket has job openings in Toowong for positions such as Customer Service Representative, Personal Shopper, Grocery Manager, etc. Medical Clinic and Hospitals also have job openings in Toowong for various positions.
Toowong is a popular student accommodation destination, located near the University of Queensland St. Lucia campus. It offers stunning views of the Brisbane River and easy access to the bustling Toowong shopping village. Scape Toowong is one such accommodation option that provides modern facilities, including unlimited WiFi, utilities (electricity and water), shared laundry with industrial washers and dryers, large kitchens for meal prep, and a rooftop terrace with a BBQ and pool area. With its proximity to public transport and various amenities, Toowong is an ideal place for students to live and study.
UniAcco is a popular student accommodation provider in Toowong that offers a range of housing options to suit different budgets and preferences. Toowong is an ideal location for students looking for affordable and comfortable accommodation near their educational institutions. With UniAcco’s assistance, students can find the perfect housing option that suits their budget and preferences. We hope this student housing guide, Toowong gave you a comprehensive understanding of student life in Toowong.
1. What types of student housing are available in Toowong?
Toowong offers a range of student housing options, including shared apartments, studios, en-suite, non-ensuite etc.
2. How much does student housing cost on average in Toowong?
The average monthly cost of student housing in Toowong is approximately AUD 1,276.
3. Is Toowong a safe city for students?
Yes, Toowong has a low crime rate, making it a safe place for students to live and study.
4. What public transportation options are available for students in Toowong?
Students can use buses, trains, and ferries to conveniently navigate Toowong and its surrounding areas.
5. What are the popular colleges in Toowong?
Toowong is home to prestigious institutions like the University of Queensland and Queensland University of Technology.
Thank you for reading about the ” Student Housing Guide Toowong .” If you’re interested in exploring more articles on related topics, we recommend checking out the below articles: